Author Topic: Creator of the EZ Scripts passed away  (Read 2029 times)

Offline webhog

• Mr Palm Bay
Creator of the EZ Scripts passed away
« on: November 12, 2011, 08:21:47 AM »
Sorry to hear the news about Jan passing away.

I haven't been posting anything here in a long time because I have not had any problems with the product in a long time. So that, in itself, is testament to the work that Jan put into.

I have also dealt with Jason who will be working the forums and will continue progress of the EZ Scripts. Jason has been a tremendous help to me & others here. I'm glad that he will not let the EZ Scripts fade away.

Thank you, both.

Marty

Offline JustLearning

Re: Creator of the EZ Scripts passed away
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 11:58:03 AM »
I agree with you, Marty.  Jan did a terrific job on the scripts, and I have been fortunate over the years to use them in many implementations, with hardly any problems.  Jan will be sorely missed.

Offline Paul

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 08:49:19 PM »
It would be nice to learn a little bit more about Jan Buys.
How old was he when he died, where was he from, what year did he first develop the scripts?
Did he work full time as a computer programmer?
(Perhaps Jason who new him personally could fill us in?)

There are a lot of web developers out there who would be very thankful (like me) for the flexibility these scripts offer.
Many of us have been using them for years...
I can't remember, was it Jan ("EZ") who used to run ezscripting.com before Jason took it over?

Offline Paul

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 08:00:33 PM »
Here is an answer to some of  my question above that I found on the old EZ site located here.
http://www.ezscripting.co.uk/

EZscripting was created in 1999 by Darren Deans and based on an original idea by Mutasem Abudahab. In 2000 the scripts were fully re-written and launched on EZscripting.co.uk as free downloads. The scripts soon became very popular and have been downloaded millions of times. By 2003 the site moved domain to a new home EZscripting.com and the advanced 'Xtra' versions were launched. In 2006 the site changed ownership to Jan Buys, however very sadly Jan died in 2012. The project continues today managed by Jason Tizedes.

Thanks to ePage for reminding me of the same great memories he mentions in his post below.
http://www.ezscriptingforums.com/index.php?topic=595.0
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 08:06:12 PM by Paul »