Author Topic: Upload PDF and make clickable  (Read 1367 times)

Offline NDboots

Upload PDF and make clickable
« on: April 24, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »
Hello, question for Jason.  I've installed Newscriptxtra on a website of a friend.  He likes it.  But he would like an added feature, he would like to have just below the main text window an option to upload a PDF flyer to a directory on his website, and then have it show up just under the main text as a clickable link to open in another tab or window that says: Download Flyer.  I would suppose if possible, the script needs some custom work.  He wants me to ask you if that could be done and what the fee would be.  He does not want to bother with learning and installing html in the text window. 

Offline Jason

• Administrator
    • slipdex
Re: Upload PDF and make clickable
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 07:14:05 PM »
Anything is possible, but to be honest the news script was not really built for that type of added functionality. Even looking at built in features and the admin panel, everything the news script does can essentially be done with the csv suite. If your friend really needs the added functionality I would look at building him a custom set of the csv scripts which would allow for any flexibility you or your friend would need. If Rob sees this post he may be up to trying a hack for you, but unfortunately I don't have the band width right now. Sorry.

Jason
Founder of www.slipdex.com