Author Topic: <emailfeedback>  (Read 806 times)

Offline rrruss

<emailfeedback>
« on: October 14, 2014, 04:03:38 AM »
Does the "emailfeedback" feature work as per these instructions?

emailfeedback
<INPUT type="hidden" name="emailfeedback" value="no">
Optional. The 'emailfeedback' field enables you to also send a copy of the email submission back to the person who submitted it. For this to work, you must have a text input field named 'mailfrom' for the user to enter their email address.
The default value is "No" so no feedback is sent to the user. Any other value in this field will turn the feedback feature on.

I have these two fields in my form:
<input type="hidden" name="emailfeedback" value="yes">
<input name="mailfrom" type="text" id="mailfrom" size="30">

Despite this, only the recipient gets the information. I want the sender to receive it too as an acknowledgement. Do Ineed to change something in the .cgi or .pl files?

Thanks.

Offline Jason

• Administrator
    • slipdex
Re: <emailfeedback>
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
I'm not aware of an "emailfeedback" feature in the script so I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about.

Jason
Founder of www.slipdex.com

Offline rrruss

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 06:53:41 AM »
Thanks. I must have got that from somewhere but I can't remember where!

Any ideas how to get the email address of the person filling the form to be used as a CC address in the email that is sent out?

Offline Jason

• Administrator
    • slipdex
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 05:49:17 PM »
A CC no, there is not an option for that. The script is not built to send e-mail to someone other than the script user. To allow the script to send e-mail to another user would be a spambot's dream come true.

You can, however, use a form field to be the "from" address, then you could use a copy/autoresponder from your server to send it to the person filling out your form. In the Advanced Settings section, look for

Code: [Select]
my $from_field_name          = '';
Fill in the name of the form field that contains their e-mail address. As for the copy/autoresponder, that would have to be resolved with your host.

Jason
Founder of www.slipdex.com