Author Topic: Template Questions  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Gary O

Template Questions
« on: July 13, 2006, 05:13:21 AM »
EZ,

I have thumbnails set at 150 x 150. Unfortunately not many (if any) of my images are square.

Is it possible to nominate x pixel size and y pixel size calculated proportionately? Eg if original is 600 x 400, x pixel size is specified as 150, y pixel size would be calculated to be 100.

Is there a way to correctly display thumbnails that not square?

The admin page is hard coded I think and it breaks the layout of my web page template. Is it possible for the table to list records going down (similar to the CSVEdit / CSVUpdate), rather than going across?

Is it possible to make not visible "General Purpose Field 1, 2 & 3"?

Its been quite a steep learning curve.

Regards

Gary O

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
Re: Template Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 07:38:03 AM »
EZ,

I have thumbnails set at 150 x 150. Unfortunately not many (if any) of my images are square.

Is it possible to nominate x pixel size and y pixel size calculated proportionately? Eg if original is 600 x 400, x pixel size is specified as 150, y pixel size would be calculated to be 100.

Not sure, but I think you can leave one of both resolutions empty.

The admin page is hard coded I think and it breaks the layout of my web page template. Is it possible for the table to list records going down (similar to the CSVEdit / CSVUpdate), rather than going across?

Sadly not.  It is indeed hard coded.

Is it possible to make not visible "General Purpose Field 1, 2 & 3"?

Not really (in admin console), but if you send me your script by mail, I'll see whether I can hack it out.

Offline Gary O

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 07:19:55 AM »
EZ,

I left out the thumbnail sizing for x and/or y and thumbnails didn't generate!
Looking at the demo site is definitely looks as if the thumbnails are autogenerating so as not to look out of shape.
Have other users experienced similar problems?
I am on a windows server - would that make any difference?

EDITED
I'm a bit annoyed as the end product is extremely lacking if thumbnails can't be created in perspective to the original size of the image.

My host did NOT have the Perl GD module installed - it has now been installed and everything works fine. Sorry that I doubted your script EZ!

Regards

Gary O
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 09:33:34 PM by Gary O »

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 08:22:56 AM »
Can I see a URL to your test setup?

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 07:25:15 PM »
Problem solved.

Gary asked his host support about availability of the GD module and they told him that it was installed, but the script reported it is not installed.  So the script did not produce thumbnails but just showed the original pictures at 150x150.

However, the GD module exists for the PHP scripting language as well as for Perl, and host support was talking about PHP.  So in the end GD for Perl was installed.  But then he could not see any thumbnails anymore.  That was because the script did detect GD and was trying to show thumbnails which did not exist (since they were not created when pictures were uploaded at the moment GD was not installed).

So the solution after that was to go to the admin panel and click "Recreate Thumbnail Images" which effectively makes the script to generate new thumbnail images using the GD library.

All's well that ends well.   :)