Author Topic: Upload  (Read 3157 times)

Offline casi

Upload
« on: July 15, 2006, 03:14:52 AM »
hi, any change to use this script for guest user to upload a picture? thanks.

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
Re: Upload
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 10:48:11 AM »
You want an open upload on your site?

Offline casi

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 03:04:46 AM »
yes, if possible?

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 09:38:24 AM »
Sadly not.  I was thinking about it as a feature, but wanted to keep it simple.  We could customize the script of course.

Offline lisatutt

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 09:24:10 AM »
I am attempting to add a user upload feature to my gallery script too. My client would like his customers to be able to upload images of them using the product.

I set up a form with CSVWrite, using the same fields as the gallery database, only I set the Show/View field to no (hidden value so the user can't change it). CSVWrite emails me when a new entry comes in and I can go to the admin panel and approve or delete it.

The only problem (not a big one) I have with this method is that in using CSVWrite, the image does not convert itself into a thumbnail automatically when uploaded. So I have to FTP in and download the image to my desktop, then reupload it through the gallery script admin panel to get it to activate the thumbnail feature.

This is not all that complicated or time consuming, but if the gallery gets very busy, I may find myself wanting a shortcut. Is there any quick and easy code addition to CSV Write that will convert the image for me?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 09:31:33 AM by lisatutt »

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 10:20:42 AM »
The only problem (not a big one) I have with this method is that in using CSVWrite, the image does not convert itself into a thumbnail automatically when uploaded. So I have to FTP in and download the image to my desktop, then reupload it through the gallery script admin panel to get it to activate the thumbnail feature.

You could turn off GD support in the script, that way it is not necessary for the script to create thumbnails.  Drawback is that the pages will load slower.

Another possibility : the script allows you to recreate the thumbnail images (XTra version).  Go to the admin console and click "Recreate Thumbnail Images" after which it will remake all thumbs for you.  Should be a bit easier than FTP'ing for the file, manually resize it and upload.

Offline lisatutt

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 02:18:44 PM »
Thanks! That should make my job a lot easier.  ;D

So I guess the Gallery script can have a user upload feature if you set up CSV Write to work in conjunction. I love the way your scripts all work together! I have so many options that way. And my gallery is totally integrated with the site design, which I love.

Appreciate it!

Offline lisatutt

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 06:50:19 PM »
Perhaps I got excited a little too early. I installed the Xtra version so I could use the "Recreate Thumbnails" feature. However, when I do so, I get this error message:

Software error:

Can't call method "getBounds" on an undefined value at gallery.pl line 1253.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@heartland-racing.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Can you explain what this means?

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 06:54:39 PM »
Perhaps I got excited a little too early. I installed the Xtra version so I could use the "Recreate Thumbnails" feature. However, when I do so, I get this error message:

Software error:

Can't call method "getBounds" on an undefined value at gallery.pl line 1253.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@heartland-racing.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Can you explain what this means?

This should mean that the GD module for Perl is not fully installed on your server.  I think the first step is to ask your host about this.  If you have a good host helpdesk, do ask them about what they have installed in terms of GD for Perl.