Author Topic: Error message  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Barbara

Error message
« on: January 13, 2007, 11:14:48 AM »
Hoi EZ,

Hier ben ik weer  :)

I received an email from someone trying to post a message on our forum. This is what he said:

Ik kan geen reactie plaatsen in het Forum van HBD.

Als ik inklik voor een reactie, krijg ik de volgende informatie op mijn monitor. Zie onder *

* Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I tried it as well and got the same response. I have no idea how to fix it or what's wrong. I haven't done anything with the forum in months. So I can't imagine what's changed.

Thanks for any help.

Barbara
www.hetblauwedorp.nl

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
Re: Error message
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 11:59:09 AM »
Hi Barbara,

If you changed nothing to the forum, then it's best to ask your host whether they changed something that might make a Perl/CGI script fail now.

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 12:00:51 PM »
Hi Barbara,

I just tried to add something in the topic "als van ouds" (please delete it :) ) and it worked well...

Offline Barbara

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 03:38:13 PM »
Yeah I saw that....but did you also try to post a new thread? That's what I tried to do and what the guy tried to do who wrote the email.

I'll send an email to my server. Thanks for the suggestion.

Barbara

Offline Barbara

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 03:41:43 PM »
This is really weird. I tried deleting your 'test' and got the error message. Then I tried again and got the screen to delete. Then when I deleted, I got an error message...but the message was deleted. Strange. I hope the host can help.

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 03:53:26 PM »
I suggest you contact your host indeed.  If it was a script problem, then it would have been 100% reproducable.

Good luck!