Author Topic: Whose Time Is Valuable?  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Jason

• Administrator
    • slipdex
Whose Time Is Valuable?
« on: May 02, 2007, 02:45:57 PM »
I don't know about everyone else, but I have a regular full time job, Leaving for Denver, CO from Detroit, MI on friday for work as a matter of fact.  As well as owning a small internet software company, with which we use these scripts for quite a few custom systems.  I tend to consider my time farily valuable, and charge $150 per hour for consulting services with our programmers and designers.

Like EZ, Aaron, Paul and a few others on here we don't get paid for helping out.  I think those other folks like myself enjoy working out solutions to complex problems just to prove we can do it.  At least I know that's what I get out of it.  And boy, together we have come up with some serious javascript hacks to make the most out of these scripts.

In any event, I wanted to take a few minutes and thank all the users that actually say "thank you" to all the folks on here that help out.  The "thank You's" are all we get in payment and that is enough for me!  But on the other side of that, if users have some questions about how to do something, please give us all the information you can.  And especially give us the information we ASK for!  Knowing basic items like your server OS, which version of the scripts you are running, copies of your options block and links to your live setup with which you are having problems can not only help us figure out your problem, but will allow us to answer your questions and help you fix your issues FASTER!  We don't ask for info to be pains in the asses, we ask for the info so we are not wasting our time or yours!

So in conclusion, to everyone out there, new users and veterans, thank you for saying thank you to all of us that help out.  And when you encounter a small problem, please give ALL the info you can so we can help you out.  There are nearly 3000 posts, 500 topics and 350 users on this forum, so rest assured we have probably seen the situation and issues you may be having.  We're all here to help for free, please respect that!  My rant is now done!

Jason
Founder of www.slipdex.com

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
Re: Whose Time Is Valuable?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 03:40:37 AM »
I will add to Jason's rant by restating:

http://www.ezscriptingforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=16.0