Author Topic: Can't open message file error  (Read 1411 times)

Offline ryouka

Can't open message file error
« on: July 23, 2007, 02:53:20 AM »
yes. hello.

i've been using the form2email script for a long time now (must be like 2 years?), and noticed lately that I kept having spammed mails sent to my email. I think they're the doing of the spam bots or something. Well, anyway, I've look into the forum and saw two tutorials that can prevent the spamming: first, is to change the name of the script into something obscure (e.g. 853just4.pl) and to create a subdirectory inside the cgi-bin and place the script there. What happens is after I did those two things, this error appeared:

Sorry, we need you to check the following

Can't open message file

I can receive the mails submitted through the form by the visitors in my email, but this message appears after they've sent the form. So naturally, they think that there's an error and resend the form again. This results in multiple entries being sent by the same visitor. I don't know how to fix this. I've tried like double checking the form names and everything but I still can't fix it. Can anyone help me? Please, I really need your help. Thanks very much in advance.

Ryouka

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
Re: Can't open message file error
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 03:16:53 AM »
The path to your autoresponder text file is wrong:
my $auto_responder_message   = "responder.txt";

Since you moved the script, the relative location to that file has changed too.  Easy solution: just move your responder.txt to that subdirectory of cgi-bin in which you put the script.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 06:48:52 AM by EZ »

Offline ryouka

Re: Can't open message file error
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 03:03:20 AM »
Thanks very much. I'll try that one. ;D