Author Topic: Subscribe/unsubscribe  (Read 1579 times)

Offline chiew

Subscribe/unsubscribe
« on: September 04, 2007, 09:19:25 PM »
The form given in the control panel cannot work. It gives internal server error. same for the unsubscribe link on the email.

I know it is because of the action=external subscribe/unsubscribe.

Even though to the user, it is a problem. but from the control panel, it did take effect. Why?

Chiew

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
Re: Subscribe/unsubscribe
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 11:58:12 AM »
Hello chiew,

Sorry to ask, but could you elaborate a bit more about this.  I am really sorry but I am totally in the dark as to what you mean with your message.

Really willing to help, but I do not understand your short and cryptic message for now.  Any more explanation or some examples of what goes wrong might help.

kind regards,
EZ

Offline chiew

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:42:59 PM »
I placed the form for user to subscribe to my newsletter as follows:

<form method="POST" action="http://www.propertyhomeowners.net/cgi-bin/ezmailer.pl">
    <input type="text" name="address" size="25">
    <input type="submit" value="Subscribe Me" name="submit">
    <input type="hidden" name="action" value="externalsubscribe">
    <input type="hidden" name="listID" value="1">
</form>

when user enter and submit the form, it give 500 internal server error. (note: I am testing out on my c:/ drive)

But if you go to ezmailer.pl and check on subscriber list, it is added.

If you send email to the subscriber with the unsubscribe link, that link also not working. another 500 internal server error. Again, if you use ezmail.pl to check, it has been unsubscribed. I find it very strange.

So what are these externalsubscribe and externalunsubscribe ?

Chiew

« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 08:46:43 PM by chiew »

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 02:27:57 AM »
externalsubscribe and externalunsubscribe are functions that allow people to sign up for a mailing list or to get dropped from it without having to sign in to the ezmailer program.

Now you say the rest of EZMailer works normally, so we should go and find the problem then...

http://www.ezscriptingforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=25.0

Try the last suggestion on that page and let us know whether you get a more elaborate error message than just the 500 internal server error message.

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 02:28:51 AM »
Also, I'd prefer you test on a real unix/linux host.  That might take out some false errors.  The script was not written for a windows environment.