Author Topic: Help sending attachments  (Read 2877 times)

Offline phoomp

Help sending attachments
« on: October 21, 2007, 12:03:26 PM »
I'm trying to use Form2email to let users add attachments to the form.  The attachments are listed in the form results, but are not uploaded.  Any help in getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

This is the form:
http://www.cteltd.com/centralizer_placement_form.html

Offline Jason

• Administrator
    • slipdex
Re: Help sending attachments
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 09:37:46 AM »
This shouldn't make a difference, but a few things to try...

Try using no spaces in the field names. 

Try not using your javascript validator to see if it will go thru.

Try setting up a very simple form with now bells and whistles to see if you can even get your file upload to work first, then trouble shoot from there.

Jason
Founder of www.slipdex.com

Offline phoomp

Re: Help sending attachments - new error
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:11:06 AM »
Thanks for the help.  I now appear to have the .pl script trying to save the file.  However, now it's giving me a new message:

"Can't save file /files/[filename]"

I have a directory on the web sever named files, but the program doesn't seem able to write to it.  Any more suggestions?

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
Re: Help sending attachments
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 12:24:42 PM »
Hi phoomp,

Clearly, the folder /files does not exist on your server.  Check the value of:

The PATH not URL to the folder to take the files without the final /. Your host may block all or some folders from taking files.
my $file_dir = "/home/path/to/your/file/folder";

I have a hard time to believe that you have a folder /files on the root path of your unix/linux server.  I am sure you have a files folder somewhere, but you need to enter the complete path to it.  This is a question for your hosting support.  Tell them you have a folder "files" and that in order to get a script to work, you need to know what the absolute path to it is.  What you see in your file manager or FTP is often just a small part of the absolute path.

Hope this helps.  Keep us informed.