Author Topic: "Old style database, please use dbconvert.pl first!"  (Read 2218 times)

Offline kmmcdan

"Old style database, please use dbconvert.pl first!"
« on: November 13, 2007, 03:36:13 PM »
I have two incidences of the newsscript running and they are working fine.  I needed to add two more and I did everything identical to what I did before.  I had plus originally and still have the plus version so there has not been an upgrade.

But when I try to run the two new incidences I get the error in the subject line:

"Old style database, please use dbconvert.pl first!"

Did I miss something?

Thank you
Kathleen

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
Re: "Old style database, please use dbconvert.pl first!"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 03:41:02 PM »
Hello Kathleen,

Where do the two new databases come from?  Are they from the zip file?  Did you save them in unix format?  => http://www.ezscriptingforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=24.0

Offline NDboots

Re: "Old style database, please use dbconvert.pl first!"
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 03:48:38 PM »
dbconvert.pl comes with the newest version of the EZnewscript.  Just upload to your cgi-bin, then go to the URL of the script: http://yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/dbconvert.pl from your browser to run it.  

What I did to mine, is just manually changed it, because I had just a few entries. If you only have a few news stories, you could even download the newscript.txt file yourself and update it in Notepad (make sure Notepad Wordwrap is turned off), save, and re-upload to the cgi-bin.

On the very first title line it put this in the txt file, first thing from the left:
ID|the rest of your titles are on this line.

Then on all the other lines, which is of data, numbered each line at the beginning left, as example:
1|your data here
2|your data here
3|your data here

Just doing that got rid of the message to convert the file.