Author Topic: Random Image from a Gallery  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Gary O

Random Image from a Gallery
« on: August 14, 2006, 11:47:37 PM »
EZ,

My client has asked for random image records (and descriptors) to be displayed on their home page from a particular gallery (ie members). Is this possible?

I see in the other EZscripts options for random returns from the database. Is this a relatively cheap modification if it is not already available.

Sorry but I couldn't see it in the basic instructions or in the configuration options.

Regards

Gary O

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
Re: Random Image from a Gallery
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 05:30:18 AM »
It is not supported currently.  It is on the list to be added later, but not for now.

Offline Gary O

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 04:58:16 PM »
EZ,

As a work around I used CSVread with the galleryscript database and the generated thumbnails.
It works and the client is happy!

Regards

Gary O

Offline EZ

• Babelnotes.be
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 05:30:49 PM »
EZ,

As a work around I used CSVread with the galleryscript database and the generated thumbnails.
It works and the client is happy!

Regards

Gary O

Sure.  I always kept the databases of our scripts compatible with our other scripts.  So there is no reason not to use CSVRead/CSVSearch on the galleryscript database.

People new to Galleryscript but familiar with the EZScripting.com CSV scripts would do best to install CSVEdit to look at the galleryscript database.  It shows how it works and then you can imagine how you would make csvsearch or csvread show parts of that database.

Offline Gary O

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 04:57:18 AM »
EZ,

What would make the scripts even easier to co-exist would be a configuration file which was consistent for every script and called from within each script.

One configuration - many uses!

Regards

Gary O

Offline smc

• EternityWhere.com
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 02:09:02 PM »
I have used this approach quite successfully on;

http://www.ColeraineFPC.org/gallery.shtml

CSV Read called via SSI is useful in returning a random image but also the number of images in a particular gallery and the total number of images total.